The kuleana of the Manager of Hawaiian Culture and Community Engagement is to integrate to appropriate Hawaiian cultural perspective in all practical aspects of company operations.
Kuleana includes but is not limited to the following:
• Develop and execute strategic goals to inculcate a deeper understanding and connection to the Hawaiian culture by all staff members.
• Curriculum development and presenting the company `Ike Hawai`i training program.
• Conducting and coordinating for all necessary cultural protocols and practices, such as blessings, greetings,
• Scripting, reviewing, and editing tour narrations to ensure the cultural content is pono.
• Conducting regular quality assurance check tours to review tour guide performance and provide feedback to both guests and managers to ensure consistency.
• Collaborate with senior management and staff to re-imagine and revitalize the aspects of pu`uhonua...healing, learning, and leadership development as central characteristics of Kualoa Ranch - Private Nature Reserve.
• Collaborate and engage with key individuals to further the company goals and enrich the neighboring communities.
• Fluent in `Olelo Hawai`i
• Hawaiian Studies Degree or equivalent work experience. 5+ years experience in teaching Hawaiian history and culture.
• Experience and proficiency with conducting cultural protocol ceremonies, pule, oli, and blessings.
• Knowledge and experience in various cultural practices such as, la`au lapa`au, hula, oli, mele, mo`olelo, geneology, ho`oponopono, lua, loina, and lawena.
• Strong communication and listening skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work some weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record